We are happy to announce that Stillwaters will be open again for in person services staring Sunday June 14th at 10AM! Praise the Lord and we look forward to seeing those of you who feel comfortable attending in person. If not, we look forward to continuing worshipping with you via Live stream. Just a note, we will be switching our Live Stream to YouTube on June 7th and will be broadcasting with our new camera and equipment for a more professional look. You will still access Live Stream via the link on our website.
WE HAVE USED 4 BASIC GUIDELINES IN DETERMINING WHEN AND HOW TO REOPEN THE CHURCH FOR SERVICES
- How does the Bible speak to the subject of re-opening?
a. We should begin meeting as soon as is reasonable. A local church is an assembly. If a church never meets, it is no church at all. Now obviously we are still a church, and obviously we have still been meeting.
b. Obey our local governing officials. Romans 13:1 “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.” In this light we spend almost 2 hours with our PA State Representative John Lawrence, sought his direction, took it, and asked him to review our plan.
c. Protect the sheep- God tells the leaders of the church to protect the members from harm. This includes unnecessary physical risk or harm.
- What are the Health Risks of reopening, and can we safely minimize them?
- Our Witness in the Community. We don’t want to be seen by our community as being foolhardy.
- What are other PCA Churches in our area are doing? We have sought the advice of many local PCA leaders
DIFFERENCES OF OPINION
We realize that no matter what our plan is, not everyone will feel comfortable with it. We want you to know that there is no obligation or expectation that you would return to live services if you do not feel comfortable.
Covid is a breeding ground for both viruses and strong opinions 😊 However, we do want everyone to follow Romans 14: 13&19 “Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. . 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.” I think this is a good opportunity to put in practice the biblical mandate to put other member’s feelings above our own convictions.
- Some think we should have opened already
- Some think we are being irresponsible to open at all
- Masks or no masks- Big Issue of divergence!
- What about kids?
- No one wants to come to service with masks, no childcare, and social distancing
WHAT WE DECIDED (which will change as conditions in Chester County change)
- 1. We will begin opening services June 14th
- 2. We only want you to come if you feel safe
- 3. We will follow PA Governmental Guidelines
- a. Social distancing by families/carpools
- b. One way in, one way out
- c. We have temperature scanners for everyone entering
- d. We have installed Virus Killing filtration in our Heating System
- e. Masks required inside for all those 13 and older
- f. After the service everyone leaves the building
- g. No nursery, Jr. Church, or childcare at this point. Children will remain in the service ☹
- h. Maximum 75 people in building- possible sign ups
- i. No handshaking or hugging
- j. The building will be disinfected weekly
- 4. These guidelines are the guidelines being followed by most PCA churches in our area with slight variations depending on their location.
- 5. To mask or not to mask- Nobody wants to wear a mask. And we respect those that say “No Way!” & those that would not feel comfortable unless everybody wore them. We look forward to relaxing this requirement. However, right now this is a State mandate.